How Modern Paintings Can Enhance Your Home Decor
Are you troubled about giving your living/working space a new look? Have you been looking for a trusted way of setting up an inviting atmosphere for your room? Do you know that your room’s appearance could depict your personality? What if you’re told that a modern painting could give the positive impact you’ve always wanted? Sure you’ve been to a friend’s place where the painting décor flows effortlessly from one art piece to another, holding your attention as if it’s paradise on earth.
Indeed, the decoration of a home comes with so many hassles especially for those who’re not skilled at interior design or better those who’re gifted in decoration. The good news, however, is that there are now several choices to make about home decoration. Such options range from the creation of open space for free movement, your selection, and arrangement of furniture, the use of dramatic lighting, use of creative centerpiece, concealing of the TV set, use of bold accent wall and lots more.
The choices are truly diverse, but they can't be complete the installation of a modern painting is added to the list. This is a paramount point to consider because with modern art, you can express yourself and you’ll always find something to suit your taste or style. No wonder the modern art is fast becoming one of the most favorite items for the home or office décor.
Tips for choosing a painting décor for your space
- Consider what the general idea/theme encompasses before selecting your wall art. For instance, the themes and colors that you choose for your wall painting decor has to compliment the purpose of the room (as the color(s) in the canvas usually sets the mood of the entire room décor).
- Never ignore the color psychology: This serves as the foundation to the enhancement of your room’s overall style, the décor accent, and your personality. Hence, neutral colors (brown, cream, soft blue, and green) would make your room’s atmosphere feel relaxed and calm. Cuisine and wine art in bold colors would be perfect for a kitchen;a blend of primary colors would do the trick for the children's play room regarding mind stimulation; while a subtle shade of blue, green and cream creates the perfect atmosphere for your bedroom retreat.
- When you utilize a painting for your living space, ensure that it suits the concept of your home's design, and it’s the right size. Thus, if you’ll be making use of a painting that’s too small, it’s imperative that you make it look enlarged by fixing a large molding frame onto the wall and placing the art in it. You can also decide to have it mounted on a big frame to make it look big. In a case you’re using several uniform-sized small paintings; you can adopt the side by side placement or go for a mural.
- Do not embrace the obligatory misconception of hanging your modern art over a piece of furniture: This is an erroneous belief as there are other functional options apart from that. You may decide to vertically hang your art décor to instill a feeling of extra height; hang it horizontally to portray an illusion of larger width which seems to be more calming; or hang it diagonally to create an excitement (especially when the color is bright blue, yellow or red).
- For those who decide to hang their art over furniture, a golden rule to remeber that the canvas must not cover above 3/4 of the width of the piece of furniture. Nevertheless, you can evoke a symmetrical sense and create a focal point that appeals to your visitors by employing an odd satin for your decorative pieces.
Above all, ensure you select a modern painting that reveals your personality and the tone of your home.